When you’re in alignment, your strength shows up and your capacity increases.
I’m passionate about helping people move better, think better, and live more awesome lives. I teach and coach because I believe in human potential; that we all have the capacity to heal, adapt, and change for the better.
My own story includes numerous sports and fitness injuries that led me to finding a better way to approach my body. It was a fractured hip that became the catalyst for me to dive deep into an ongoing study of the human body, movement practices, injury prevention, mindfulness, yoga, and self-awareness.
I’ve made it my life’s work to help others feel less fragile and more empowered.
In 2015, I left a successful career in litigation and corporate contracts to become a full-time running coach, corrective exercise specialist, and yoga teacher. Now I work with clients at every age, ability, and level of fitness — guiding new runners through the growing pains of coming into a new sport and helping experienced athletes with injuries to reclaim their ability to train and compete through compassion-centered strength, endurance, and durability training. I also lecture on anatomy and physiology to movement teachers and enthusiasts and I give motivational and educational workshops on creating physical and mental durability as well as injury prevention.
I want you to feel more resilient and capable.
Through the process, I’ll encourage you to push yourself to new limits in a mindful way that treats your body like the incredible gift it is. I’ll ask you to meet yourself where you are, be clear about where you want to go, and then practice moving in the right direction consistently and mindfully in order to build sustainable power, strength, endurance, durability, flexibility, and self-compassion within yourself.
If you have any questions or you’re just curious to learn more about me, feel free to contact me.
Here’s a quick look at my credentials:
- RRCA-Certified Level 2 Running Coach
- NASM-Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)
- NASM-Certified Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES)
- NASM-Certified Women’s Fitness Specialist (WFS)
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (E-RYT200)
- Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP)
- 500HR Yoga Teacher Training in progress through Yoga Medicine
- Yoga Teacher Training faculty member at Yoga Bliss Studios, Thrive Yoga, and Yoga Centric
- Contributing Writer for Fit Bottomed Girls
- My work and expertise have also been featured on websites such as Women’s Running, Competitor, POPSUGAR Fitness, MyFitnessPal, SparkPeople, LiveStrong, and Prevention
- lululemon Brand Ambassador (MD)
I’m also a decorated and accomplished ultra-marathoner, CrossFit athlete, and triathlete.